Warren Dell was named due to the large number of rabbits in the area. The Primary School was officially opened on 2nd July 1949. It was the first Junior and Infant school to be erected on the South Oxhey estate with 600 children on role. The first Head Master was Mr C. Warburton who started teaching children at Warren Dell in May 1949.
When the school first opened the 360 children only attended school for half days due to very high numbers!