Over 50 people came to see the unveiling of the blue plaque to celebrate the centenary of Carpenders Park Station. The plaque was unveiled by Sam Russell, a representative of London Overground Rail Operations Ltd (LOROL).
Local historian David Reidy, who has written a book called “The history of Carpenders Park Station 1914-2014” and was instrumental in organising the day, worked with LOROL and Watford Rural Parish Council who funded the plaque.
The crowd retired to Oxhey Library for refreshments and to see the exhibition on the history of the station.
To order a copy of David Reidy’s book, please call 020 8668 2991