The church was founded in 1952 to serve the London County Council built South Oxhey housing estate. The church was built here, on the south side of Oxhey Drive, in 1960 and consecrated in 1981. The Church belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Westminster.
As can be seen this tower has been an obvious target for mobile telephone companies wishing to use it for mounting their masts.
The image is available courtesy of the website Geograph