OVEG Fayre 2014
A sunny day
By Beverley Small
Members of Our Oxhey group spoke to 244 people who came to enjoy the Fayre in the sun on 7th June. People love to stop and look at the old photos of Oxhey and share their memories and interest in the area:
- Train spotters stopped to talk about the trains and the centenary display for Carpenders Park Station.
- The archivist from the Royal Ballet, who has a house in Oxhey, stopped to find out more about Hertfordshire Archives.
- Two people were interested in volunteering with Our Oxhey.
- Many people asked about the diary of local resident Edith Morgan, from 1900, including the lady who now lives in her house, and the man who sons had read her diary while studying the Victorians at school.
- People interested in tracing their family history, computer taster sessions and online library resources took away information and advice about Hertfordshire Libraries and Hertfordshire Archives
After the torrential rain of 2013 and hurricane gales of 2012, we were delighted to see so many people (and dogs) supporting their local community.